Guerlain - Shalimar Parfum Initial

15:54 Missundaztood 0 Comments

Jacques Guerlain was inspired by the most romantic love story of all time while he was creating the famous Shalimar in 1925.
The famous Taj Mahal was build in the name of that romantic story, by Mughal emperor in a memory of eternal love to his wife, just before she died.


Guerlain Shalimar EDP source



Today, 85 years later we were introduced with a flirty version of the Shalimar, with a modern and elegant bottle, which contains a warm pink liquid of a perfume.

The fans of the original Shalimar maybe won't be very pleased about this version, because they do not smell the same at all. At least not on my skin.

The original Shalimar is a true powdery Oriental perfume, but in a combination with my skin it was everything but not powdery. Lot's of balmy smell and I couldn't smell a citrus, rose, vanilla ... nothing! I was always admiring how good Shalimar smells on other people, but not on me. Unfortunately.


Shalimar Parfum Initial is something different, very strong smell with iris as a domination component. And I love this smell a lot, because finally I can have my own Shalimar.


Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial source


While I was wearing Shalimar Parfum Initial I could just smell gorgeous, warm, creamy bouquet of iris perfectly blended with a patchouli and a vetiver, vanilla, tonka bean and caramel work great as a base notes to warmth the whole composition. Very strong and I would say a fragrance with an attitude.

This is a gorgeous chyper fragrance and it will show you all the beauty of it's smell during the colder weather, while during the warmer weather it could be a pain in the head :)
because it doesn't smell equally during the hot and the cold weather.

For warmer weather I suggest to try a L'eau version of this fragrance. It is a lighter and much more wearable version of the Shalimar Parfum Initial.

Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'eau source


If your chemistry of the skin is not doing well in a synergy with the original Shalimar, maybe you should try the Parfum Initial version, it may surprised you, and with one notice ... give it a time to develop!





Have you already tested any of the Shalimar version? Will you? Or maybe not?
Maja xx

0 komentari: